Well, this category is the miscellaneous of our web site. It makes little sense for us to have a tab for birds, when we only work with Kookaburras, but they are simply too cool to leave off of our web site altogether. In this category you will find all of the animals that don’t exactly fit neatly into the above tabs, but definitely merit their own page.
In keeping with the introductions of the previous categories, here are some interesting tidbits about “other animals” or animals in general: Although only about 2 million species have been formally described, it is estimated that there may be as many as 100 million species on the planet. Of the five kingdoms in the living world, Animalia is unquestionably the largest and most diverse. Fascinatingly, vertebrates, or what most of us think of as animals, represent only 5 percent of this kingdom. Invertebrates such as arthropods (insects, arachnids, crustaceans, etc.), mollusks and worms make up the other 95%. Of the 2 million described species, more than half are insects.